Washington Youth Tour Application
Washington Youth Tour 2020 Application
High school juniors, you could win an opportunity to represent Flint Energies on an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime to our nation’s capital! You could join more than 1,500 other delegates representing EMCs from 44 states.
Click Here to download the flyer and printable application,
or fill out the online application below.
What you need to know
To qualify, you must:
- Be a high school junior who will be 16 years old by the tour’s start date (June 18, 2020)
- Live or attend a school in Flint Energies’ service area
- Have your parent’s permission to enter
- Commit to making the trip should you win
- Complete the attached entry form, student’s commitment and parent’s authorization. The form must be postmarked no later than January 24, 2020.
- You will take a written test based on material you’ll be provided covering subjects like electricity, cooperatives, Flint Energies and the electric utility industry. The ten contestants scoring the highest on the written test will be invited to a short interview to be held at a later date. Judges will select four winners and one alternate.
- Entry form deadline: Postmarked by January 24, 2020
- Study packets mailed: Week of February 3
- Quiz contest: Tuesday, February 18; 4:30 p.m., Flint Energies, Warner Robins and Reynolds locations
For more information, contact Blair Brown at [email protected] or 478.218.5547